Nostalgia for the great country
Nostalgia for the great country – the USSR, which we lost 25 years ago.
Looking through the comments on one of the most popular social sites, I’ve noticed that the more time passes, the more nostalgic sentiment appears in people born in the USSR. This publication – a tribute to the great country that we have lost. It was 25 years ago, the whole generation was raised not knowing about the Soviet way of life. And we understand people who can compare life in a modern society with the life in the USSR. Surprisingly, nostalgia for the Soviet Union is felt even among young people, who have never lived in the Soviet Union. Their arguments in favor of the USSR are inherited from parents and based on many other factors. The Soviet Union was a more efficient country in respect of social welfare, equality, confidence in the future than in today’s Russia. In the USSR was worshiped internationalism, the friendship of the peoples. People were kinder, morality and culture were at a higher level. Soviet society – a family-like society. Man to man was a friend, comrade and brother. Crime was much lower, salary was stable, and no unemployment. The TV did not show any rubbish. The idea united all, regardless of gender, race, nationality, and social status. There wasn’t a huge gap between people financially. There were wonderful inspirational Soviet films unsurpassed until now. Of course, this gives rise to Nostalgia for the great country.
(from people’s comments):
Advantages of USSR:
– Censorship – no extremism, violence, and vulgarity on the screen and in the media;
– Completely free medical care, all, ranging from lung diseases to complicated operations;
– Completely free education;
– Fair exams for tickets in all educational institutions;
– Absence of ruling oligarchy;
– Lack of corruption on such a scale as now;
– The highest development of science, engineering, tractors, aircraft (if now it develops – all the bases made in the USSR);
– The teaching of secular ethics and the lack of dissemination of religions (most people focused primarily on self-development (in some cases the development of society and science);
– The lowest level of crime;
– Free apartments for working population;
And many many others.
Glory to the Soviet Union! Sooner or later the socialist system will return, I personally believe in it. People will realize that the socialist system – the best system for the development of mankind.
– Lack of promotion of suicide and sexual minorities;
– Widespread trade union work, the protection of workers’ rights;
– Cheap (or Free) trips to summer camps, traveling in countries belonging to the Soviet Union. So many photos my parents have when they were they schoolchildren, students traveled to the Baltics, the Caucasus, Ukraine and the Balkans.
– Civil security. Parents could send their children (7-10 years old) by train or plane to the relatives, living for example in Georgia or Kazakhstan, unaccompanied, relying on the conductors of the train! (And it was not irresponsible).
The fact of the collapse of the Soviet Union does not mean the disappearance of the communist idea. It is eternal. And it lives in the minds of many millions (if not billions). There is no doubt that the implementation of this idea in the form of a new, modernized socialism, understood as the first phase of communism, just around the corner.
People felt pride for the country, a mighty power – first in space, first in the sport, the country winner. USSR really had a lot of successes, victories, it has developed its own culture, good science works. The appearance of the Internet, cell phones, and other achievements, when the world jumped in their development – was due to the competition between the USSR and capitalist countries.
Our production, summer camps, kindergartens, educational system, respect for the culture, to each other, to history, work, everything was much better in the USSR. Our food was healthy and delicious …. yes there were queues – but I’m willing to stand in them again …. In principle, even in the time of a deficit people had all that was necessary.
luxury and extravagance, the pursuit of wealth – the fetish of world of consumption, ie the World of Capital, that is, the Devil’s kingdom – all this is very negative. The need to meet the most basic needs was always taken into account by the leaders of the USSR.
In the USSR, all lived happily ever after, there was no ethnic conflict, corrupt officials were strictly punished in Soviet times. But most importantly we had a superpower, a guarantee of Peace on Earth.